Project NorthStar is pleased to announce LaborX as curator of the Careers Track. LaborX is a talent marketplace for graduates of innovative training programs and companies looking to expand and innovate their talent pipeline.
As a NorthStar programming partner, LaborX will prepare jobseekers at the conference for employment; educate employers on the process of recruiting and retaining diverse talent; and connect graduates from local training programs to managers hiring for tech jobs.
Project NorthStar, the City of Philadelphia, and LaborX recognize the need to invest in solutions that enable more Black and Latinx people to take part in the innovation economy, make money, and carve their path to economic security.
What can jobseekers expect?
- Panels and talks that include topics such as: storytelling to brand yourself, networking to land an interview, and optimizing your digital profiles to attract employers
- One-on-one mentorship sessions with employers and people of color working in tech
- Access to employers and tech training programs in the Innovators Village
Are you a jobseeker interested in attending Project NorthStar? Click here to register.
What can employers expect?
- Panels and talks that include topics such as: exploring hiring power dynamics, dissecting bias in hiring models, and achieving process consistency
- Access to a diverse talent pool
- One-on-one mentorship sessions and seed interviews with potential candidates
- Join in the Innovator's Village and meet our jobseekers
Learn the skills to hire equitably. Click here to register for an Employer Ticket.